Mathilda Motte - blog "cuisine en bandoulière"
Review on this recipe
You have to login to post a comment.Create an account
- 240g of organic polenta or organic fine corn meal
- 50 cl of organic milk (cow milk or soy milk)
- 2 DANIVAL Miso Cubes Original
- 5 organic fresh tomatoes
- 1 organic shallot
- 20g of DANIVAL tomato concentrate 28%
- 3 organic fresh basil leaves
- Organic olive oil
Time saving by Danival
- 1. To prepare the sauce:
- Peel and chop the shallots, wash and cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- In a pan, fry the shallot in olive oil. Once the shallots begins to brown, add the tomato cubes, salt and pepper as you like, and let them simmer for 20 minutes. Let them cool.
- In the bowl of your blender, add the cooked tomatoes and tomato paste and blend to get a smooth tomato sauce. Adjust seasoning as you like.
- Chop basil leaves and add them to the sauce. Keep cool.
- 2. To prepare the polenta:
- Put to heat the milk in a saucepan and add 2 DANIVAL Miso Cubes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir until the miso broth is well slurried.
- When the broth begins to boil, pour the polenta and cook about 5-8 minutes over low heat, by stirring until it thickens.
- 3. Pour the polenta into an oiled baking mold, smooth the surface with the back of a spoon and let it cool completely. Remove the polenta from the baking mold, cut it and let it brown in a frying pan with oil.
Chef’s tips :
- - For an aperitive: serve polenta fries with tomato coulis to dip
- -For a starter: serve grilled polenta toasts with a tomato coulis top